Koizora Book Review

2:55 AM





Let me show you what I prepare for my presentation on My Favourite book! :D

Hello everyone, today I’ll be sharing with you guys one of my all-time favourite storybook. It’s called “Koizora” also known as “Sky Of Love”. It was a cellphone novel. It was written by Mika who claimed that it was based on her life story. It was very popular in 2005 and a movie was made in 2007. There is a six episode drama made in 2008 and comic books in 2009 as well.

The two main characters are Mika and Hiro, two high school students who fall in love and encounter many hardships together. Hiro got Mika’s phone number through his friend and begin to text her. It was a summer break so Mika did not know who he was. But she felt at ease at the sound of his voice so she agreed to befriend with him. They agreed to meet when school starts, and they began to fall in love with each other. But there were always obstacles trying to ruin their relationship. Once, Hiro’s ex-girlfriend, Saki, hired a group of men to rape Mika and harassed her over the phone. Despite these events, Hiro vows to protect Mika, and she begins to compare him to the sky. However, Hiro found out that he had cancer and was dying. He did not want Mika to be sad over his death, so he broke up with her. Mika was upset about the break up but she did not know the actual reason behind it until Hiro’s best friend told her. With her back, Hiro tried to fight his disease but the condition got worst. When Hiro passed away, Mika wanted to commit suicide, but realizes that Hiro would have wanted her to live on.

I like this story because it was very touching, the way Hiro tried to protect Mika from getting hurt again. Also, this is the author’s personal encounter, which she shares with her readers her feelings back then and how she overcomes all this hardships. By just reading it was already very heartbreaking, imagine she had gone through so much.

My favorite part of the story was when Hiro was dying, not that I’m a sadist but it was very saddening and Hiro knew that Mika could not handle his death so before he died, he made Mika promised not to do anything to hurt herself.
What I learn from this book is that no matter what we do, we must do our very best and don’t give up easily, just like how Hiro tried to protect Mika and how Mika stayed strong despite all those hardships. I also learn from this book that what we want, we might not get it.

Overall, it was a tragic love story but I enjoyed reading it.

TADA! How was it? But in the end I didn't read according to it and I read too fast, causing the presentation to end before 3mins! Dammit! LOL

P/S I LOVE MY LAPTOP /hugs/

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe