STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES!

2:00 AM

Many of you might not know this, but I moved away from my home temporary so I'll be staying elsewhere, but in Singapore, still yeah, which is nearer to my school. Thus, I find it harder for me to really have the time to blog that's why I went mia for awhile but don't worry, I'm back!


Today I wanna share with you a recipe I found that works! You know I love to bake, although it's tiring and expensive (I bought so many ingredients o_o)  but I love it when I see the smiles on people's face when they eat what I baked!

I found this recipe two week ago so I decided to try it! Plus Tuesday was Jason's birthday, and he said he wanted to try something that I bake.

So what did I baked?

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CUPCAKES!

Since Valentines' coming, you can use this to win your man over! OR you can make him a sandwich, which I'm sure that would win any guy over too, haha! But this is so sweet, so take your chance and try this at home and win your crush over! Or make it for your boyfriend or husband.

First time trying it and I think I overshot too much butter and sugar, but it's alright! (Who ask me to be a greedy pig! Add, just add more!) 

For the crust:

15 Digestives biscuits, crumbed
125g of butter (I added too much with 10 digestives biscuits only so it was super oily, yuck!)
3 tbs of sugar

For the batter:

4 egg whites and 2 tbs of sugar (I was so stupid and hand whip it, took me half an hour to get the result I want, ugh!)
1 tsp baking powder (or a bit more if you don't want it to be too flat!)
0.5 tsp of sea salt (or any salt will do)
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (I always add more because I want it to smell nice, haha!)
0.5 cup sour cream
2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced (it's up to you really)

For the cream cheese frosting:

250g cream cheese (the whole pack, which stupid me went to measure, don't know what for -_-)
125g of butter
300g of icing sugar (Or less if you don't want to be too sweet)
1 tsp vanilla extract 


Firstly, preheat the oven 170-190 degree Celsius and get your cupcake papers out! Mine was the leftover from the previous batches of cupcakes I made.

IMG_6116

Then mix the ingredients together to make the crust. I used my fingers to press down but I guess I didn't apply much force so the biscuits turned out not that hard. (Plus too much butter too)

After that, oven bake it for 4 mins or so.

Then whack the 4 egg whites and sugar together till it turned white and it looked like foam or something.

I was so stupid, I thought using my hands I can whip it till solid, which was damn wrong. Instead I wasted 30 mins of my youth on that! Please use the machine, I beg you. Hahaha!


Mix the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt salt. Set aside.


Next, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the vanilla extract and whack!  Then add half the flour mixture until incorporated then mix in the sour cream.  Add remaining flour and mix everything.

IMG_6117


Gently fold 1/3 of the egg into the batter until combined. Add remaining egg whites.

Add in the strawberries!

Fill each cupcake about 3/4, don't put too full or it will explode. Explode, I mean- well, overflow?

Then bake for about 25 minutes depending on your oven. I baked more than that because the oven I used have lower heat because it was a microwave + oven.

For the frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract together. Add the icing sugar a bit at a time. Then beat till light and fluffy. Chill in fridge for an hour. But I throw it in there for a night because I was so tired and hungry, I ate and I slept.

IMG_6182
The cupcakes I made for Jason!

Well, I guess I made it too sweet but over all I guess it was alright! Happy birthday to Jason too! Haha! I made for Brendon and XT sister too- they ate way too quickly because we were inside K Suite and no outside food was allowed. 

Oh well, I don't have a boyfriend to be my rat lab or I'll sure bake more than usual and make sure he eats all my cupcakes and all! Hahaha! Okay, I guess my last line scare all the guys away. Imagine you have to eat cupcakes every fortnight or month. HAHAHA!! NO! My future boyfriend will be a lucky bitch to get to eat my cupcakes because I've magic fingers! *wink*

Okay, so start baking and seduce your guy over. Hahaha!

Till the next post...


IMG_6068

XOXO Angelus

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe