Spend an Afternoon In a Peaceful Cafe

1:16 AM

Breakfast 2

Welcome to my humble space, I know I haven't been writing much food posts but that doesn't mean I've nothing to recommend to y'all. My BFF Jeslyn said, "if you say something is nice, it must be good because you're picky." Well not really, I'm not picky- I'm selective. Hahaha. I do eat terrible food in search for great food. How to differentiate between terrible food and the better ones when you never tasted hell before? 

Early this month I went to Kommune, a cafe opened in Tiong Bahru. If you stay there, then good for you, because I swear Google Map lied to me when it told me it was a 10 minutes' walk from Outram Park MRT when I walked for 20 minutes. (& I walked fast because I was late #truestory)

I'd the opportunity to try and make a latte. It was quite cool but honestly I was afraid that I would burn myself. (I burned myself just this year when my ginger tea spilled all over my chest. It scarred me for life, literally.) 

Coffee Powder 1

This is what you'll get from the coffee bean grinder machine. We must make sure that the powder stays in the portafilter and is evenly spread out. Then, we will make the coffee powder into puck with force. I was surprise I did it because I thought I didn't use much strength. If you did it correctly, it wouldn't fall out, quite cool. 

Coffee Tool

Coffee Maker

This is where your lattes are made, and this place is hot. Well, the machine is hot. The timer was already set on 20 seconds, with hot water just waiting to scald some freshly grounded coffee. Put the portafilter at around 8 O'clock and anti-clockwise direction, twist it to the middle. 

Coffee Making

Slowly, the espresso flowed out into the cup! Then steam the milk with the coffee machine. After that was latte art time. I watched a few of those YouTube videos showing how free pouring latte art was done and they looked as if they don't even care when pouring. My opinion: Needle Etching is way easier. 

Demo Coffee

I was trying my best to understand every thing, it was quite overwhelming because I have not done it before. But it was interesting to see how skillful they were doing the art. Here are the end products! I did a cappuccino and was served to customer.

KOMMUNE's coffees are Aussie-style, and consist of beans from Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, Papua New Guinea Mt Sigereni, and Colombian Excelsio. They are all freshly ground & craft brewed. 

Location 1

KOMMUNE is very spacious and I recommend any student who wants a peaceful place to study to go there. The afternoon was quite peaceful, not at all rowdy. Their ALL DAY brunch are great and has no GST charges. The most important point is that they also provide you free wifi. Free wifi for you to study, isn't that great? They also have an in-house mics, and they welcome anyone to perform. If any of your friends interested in singing at a cafe, this is the place. 

Dining Place
Brunch is ready to serve

Breakfast 3

Mac and Cheese

Mac and Cheese 2

Breakfast 4

Breakfast 1

Avacado Sandwich

Brunch Set
Japanese Pancake
Salmon & Eggs Panini
3 Little Pigs  Panini
Open Face Avocado Sandwich
Caesar Salad

My personal favorites are the Japanese Pancake and Salmon & Eggs Panini. But I'd say the all-time favorite would probably be Mac & Cheese. The 3 Little Pigs Panini has such a cute name because it consists of 3 different kinds of pork, and 1 of them is bacon. 

After brunch was the main course but before that, everyone was trying to walk around, making more room for the delicious food that was to come.

photo 2

photo 3
We ended taking photos with Vivian's iPhone

We begin to ask one another how did we get there. I was the only one who walked from Outram Park MRT, while most others took a train and switched to bus. I guess that was the most idea way of coming here if you don't want to walk. Then again, because I thought it would be better to just walk and save some bus fare. I don't mind walking but I guess I'll be picking bus the next time. After many small chats, we settled down and just nice the main courses were ready to serve. 

Main Course Top Down 1

Main Course 1

Sheppard Pie

Chicken 1

Main Course
Shepherd Pie (available till end of year only)
Pan Fried Mackerel with Bonito Salt
Tenderloin Medallions with Bacon Salt
Half Roasted Griller with Garlic Salt (chicken)

I didn't really try the fish, hence no photo. But I must say if you can eat beef, their Tenderloin Medallions with Bacon Salt is a MUST TRY. I was so in love with it, I couldn't help myself. It tasted even better with the Bacon Salt, but please don't add too much or you will end up covering the dish. 

Their Shepherd Pie was great as well, a little spicy but I'm sure anyone can withstand it. If you can't, please get plenty of water, or their Signature Strawberry & Lemonade.

Chai Cans
Boss of KOMMUNE with the founder of Chai Tea

Mini Drink 1

Drink 2

Drinks
KOMMUNE Signature Strawberry & Lemonade
Tiger Spice Chai Tea

The last part was actually what most people were looking forward to, but then again, everyone was already super full by then. It was already nearing 3 O'clock and my sleepiness was creeping up, I was so full.

Dessert Top Down

Dessert Top Down 2

Dessert 1

Rainbow Cake

Desserts
Crispy French Toast
Macaroons
Rainbow Cake

I'd say the rainbow cake was quite good. Most cafes have rainbow cake, truly delicious is another thing. However this rainbow cake was quite moist, and not overly sweet. I don't really like Crispy French Toast, it was too crispy for my liking. Then again, I always prefer non-crispy stuff.

photo 4

photo (1)

I would say KOMMUNE has great brunch and the next time I'm going over, I'm going to order my Tenderloin Medallions with Bacon Salt. I don't mind spending my afternoon there with a book on my hand. Unlike most other cafes, KOMMUNE has a peaceful environment, so if you want to do your work or study there, it's quite an ideal place. But do check with the friendly staff for peak hours to ensure a quiet environment. 

KOMMUNE
3 Seng Poh Road #01-01
Singapore 168891

T: 6438 4380
10 am to 4.30 pm Tuesday to Sunday
(last order for food 3 pm)
Closed on Mondays
signature

You Might Also Like

25 comments

  1. Looks all so yummy and such cute decor!! Have a great Sunday!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography is always so stunning! The food looks incredible, I am jealous. Looks like a great time, take care x

    Louise
    http://louiseplace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, I love your photos too. Yes, the food tasted great :) x

      Delete
  3. This food looks so good! Yum
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, delicious & colourful photos!

    Have a great start of the week darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great post! hope you're having an amazing day :)

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog darling! Ohhhh baby these photos look delicious! xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. the foods look very delicious, and i'm pretty sure you enjoyed your time with your best friends

    mallieams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did enjoyed myself, the ambiance and food were great! x

      Delete
  8. This place looks amazing and I see that they have great food as well! And I see that you spent amazing tike there, dear :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi darling, yes this place is chilling and the food is great! ^_^

      Delete
  9. Loved this post!! x

    http://alessandrafusoni.blogspot.fi

    ReplyDelete
  10. so delicious photos! desert looks wonderful!

    http://vitalinasworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great selections which are simple but very charming as they fit into the natural surroundings so well! Love the layering effect too which is so chic
    new lawn collection

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great selections which are simple but very charming as they fit into the natural surroundings so well! Love the layering effect too which is so chic
    new lawn collection

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great selections which are simple but very charming as they fit into the natural surroundings so well! Love the layering effect too which is so chic.

    party dresses for women

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe