Advertorial: Shop For Prom At PickPromDresses

3:45 AM


Hello darlings! I never have been to a prom before. Back in secondary school, I didn’t attend prom because I was unwilling to spend so much money. When I was 16, unlike most other girls, I didn’t know much about makeup (except eyeliner and foundation). I used to cosplay, but I only knew that one makeup technique. My friend used to help me put on fake eyelashes. I thought that buying a dress that suited me would be difficult. I was (and still am) a picky person when it comes to big event. I want to dress like a princess but I am afraid of overdoing it. When I graduated from polytechnic, my course did not organize a prom for us. Thus I have never attended any prom in my life, yet.

But I have seen many photos of friends who went to prom and I realized a major point about prom that I really dislike. It is the fact that most students were trying to dress like adults. I saw a few of my secondary school classmates dressing like they were 30. They took photos with teachers and honestly the teachers looked more like students. They overdo it with fancy dresses that are unsuitable for their age. Maybe they borrowed their mother’s dresses?

So what sort of dresses do I think they should be wearing? I picked out a few pretty prom dresses that caught my attention on PickPromDresses.com. They provide different kind of prom dresses, party dresses, cocktail dresses and more. I like how girly those dresses are designed. 


I think a mini tight fit chiffon dress would easily do the trick. You’d look formal for the event, yet not overdressing. You can throw on a cute pair of earrings and a basic black clutch – voilà, Good to go. Plus I like this dress as it is purple. They have other colors too, but personally I feel that it is better to pick colors other than the overused Black, White and Royal Blue.

Most students prefer to pick to a safer color when it comes to dresses. Whenever I see prom photos, I see girls dressed up in Black or White. The most striking one from my cohort was a few girls who dressed up in Royal Blue. Picking a different color makes you stand out, so go for it! 


However, if you are afraid to play with bold colors, you can try this black one shoulderchiffon dress. I like the ruffles and lace. The ruffles will make you stand out from the rest. Throw a nice pair of heels and you are ready to go. If you are bold enough, you can wear a striking color for your heels. 


If you are looking for something super simple and chic, I think this white halter neckdress will do the trick. It looks simple but less is more as well. The dress reminds me of Marilyn Monroe. Wear a cute bracelet too if you want.

What do you think of these dresses? Which is your favorite?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. yes it does bear close resemblance to monroe's iconic dress..

    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe